Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let Your Inner Interior Decorator Out

I've lost count of how many times I've rearranged my living room furniture- and then had to rearrange it again because something didn't fit right or looked weird. My wooden floors have started to look like a skating rink with all of the marks from dragging my couch back and forth. But no more! I've found an online interior design tool that is so awesome I'm actually using the word awesome to describe it. MyDeco has created a really user-friendly interior design program that allows you to choose from a host of home furnishings and basically design the room of your dreams in 3-D from wallpaper to throw pillows. It's so awesome, in fact, that even Design Within Reach is using it. 

In the past I've attempted to use Sweet Home 3D, a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. It's a bit more technical and the imaging isn't as sophisticated but it can definitely help you avoid layout spacing issues. Give them both a try and see which you like better. And if anyone is willing to send us one of the 3D room designs they've create, we'd love to share it with everyone on the blog for inspiration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment